AC Power Measurement,
for LonWorks® Networks,
VARs, Power Factor,
Individual Phase Measurements
||1 Phase 2 Wire 230V with neutral
3 Phase 4 Wire 230V/400V
||3-Phase 3-Wire Delta 400V (No neutral)
3-Phase 4-Wire Wye 230/400V
- Delta models, WNB-3D-400-P, work either with or without a neutral connection, but require a line-to-line voltage connection for operating power.
The WattNode Plus is a kilowatt hour kWh energy meter that communicates on a LonWorks network and measures 1, 2, or 3 phases with voltages from 120 to 600 Vac and 5 to 6,000 amps in delta (phase to phase) and wye (phase to neutral) configurations. For built-in data logging, see the WattNode Logger for LonWorks.
- True RMS Power: Watts (Phase A, B, C, and sum of all phases)
- Reactive Power: VARs (Phase A, B, C, and sum of all phases)
- Power Factor: PF (Phase A, B, C, all phases)
- True RMS Energy: Kilo-Watthours kWh (Phase A, B, C, and sum of all phases)
- Reactive Energy: kVAR-hours (All Phases)
- AC Frequency
- RMS Voltage: (Phase A, B, C)
- Computed RMS Current: (Phase A, B, C)
- Peak Demand
- Supports LonWorks TP/FT-10 free topology twisted-pair network using Echelon's® LonTalk® (ANSI/CEA-709.1-B-2002) network protocol.
- LonMark 3.4 Certified
- Small form factor for easy installation inside most electrical panels, see a sample installation diagram.
- Pluggable screw terminals for easy wiring
- 0.5% nominal accuracy (see manual for details)
- True RMS power even with leading or lagging power factor and chopped or distorted waveforms
- Monitors variable speed drives, pumps, and motors
- Safe CT's (current transformers), producing 0.333 Vac at rated current.
- Split core CTs for quick installation
- Solid core CTs are less expensive and prevent tampering
- Custom and standard Bus Bar sized CTs
- Assembled in USA, qualified under the Buy American provision in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).
- Five year warranty
Warning: Hazardous Voltages - Only qualified personnel or licensed electricians should install the WattNode meter and current transformers.
If you need data logging, see WattNode Logger for LonWorks
- Option CT=xxx - Pre-assign xxx as the nciCtAmps value.
- This can be field configured or overridden using the nciCtAmps network variable.
Option PT improves support for potential transformers (PTs), making it easier to use WattNode for LonWorks meters with medium voltage services. Specifically, Option PT adds a configuration property UCPTptRatio which configures the ratio of the external PT, allowing the meter to automatically scale the voltage, power, and energy readings.