AC Power Measurement and Logging
for LonWorks® Networks,
True Power, kWh
VARs, Power Factor,
Individual Phase Measurements
||1 Phase 2 Wire 230V with neutral
3 Phase 4 Wire 230V/400V
||3-Phase 3-Wire Delta 400V (No neutral)
3-Phase 4-Wire Wye 230/400V
- Delta models, WNB-3D-400-P, work either with or without a neutral connection, but require a line-to-line voltage connection for operating power.
The WattNode Logger is a kilowatt hour (kWh) energy meter that communicates on a LonWorks network, and can log 24,000+ measurement records in non-volatile memory. The WattNode Logger measures 1, 2, or 3 phases with voltages from 120 to 600 volts alternating current (Vac) and 5 to 6,000 amps in delta (phase to phase) and wye (phase to neutral) configurations.
- True RMS Power - Watts (Phase A, B, C, all phases)
- Reactive Power - VARs (Phase A, B, C, all phases)
- Power Factor (Phase A, B, C, all phases)
- True RMS Energy - Watthours WH kWh (Phase A, B, C, all phases)
- Reactive Energy - VAR-hours (All Phases)
- AC Frequency
- RMS Voltage (Phase A, B, C)
- Computed RMS Current (Phase A, B, C)
- Peak Demand
- Date and Time
- Net Energy (A, B, C and Sum)
- Reactive Energy (Sum)
- Positive Energy (Sum)
- Real and Reactive Power (A, B, C and Sum)
- Voltage, Current and Power Factor (A, B, C)
- Logging intervals from 1 minute to 12 hours, allows logging up to 250 days of 15-minute data
- Supports LonWorks TP/FT-10 free topology twisted-pair network using Echelon’s® LonTalk® (ANSI/CEA-709.1-B-2002) network protocol.
- LonMark 3.4 Certified
- Small form factor for easy installation inside most electrical panels, see a sample installation diagram.
- Pluggable screw terminals for easy wiring
- 0.5% nominal accuracy (see manual for details)
- True RMS power even with leading or lagging power factor and chopped or distorted waveforms
- Monitors variable speed drives, pumps, and motors
- Safe CT's (current transformers), producing 0.333 VAC at rated current.
- Split core CTs for quick installation
- Solid core CTs are less expensive and prevent tampering
- Custom and standard Bus Bar sized CTs
- Assembled in USA, qualified under the Buy American provision in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).
- Five year warranty
Warning: Hazardous Voltages - Only qualified personnel or licensed electricians should install the WattNode meter and current transformers.
- Option CT=xxx - Pre-assign xxx as the nciCtAmps value.
- This can be field configured or overridden using the nciCtAmps network variable.
Option PT improves support for potential transformers (PTs), making it easier to use WattNode for LonWorks meters with medium voltage services. Specifically, Option PT adds a configuration property UCPTptRatio which configures the ratio of the external PT, allowing the meter to automatically scale the voltage, power, and energy readings.
Option B, BI
Options B and BI are not available for the WattNode Logger for LonWorks model. They are available for the WattNode Plus for LonWorks. See WattNode Plus for LonWorks - Options