This kit consists of a Digital Thermometer and type "N" Ceramic sheath Thermocouple Probe connected with PVC Cable and Mini Plug. Suitable for higher temperatures up to 1300 Deg C used in some ceramic and pottery firing processes.
We use type "N" thermocouple as type K is generally not suitable for temperatures above 1100 Deg C for long term. Type "R" is ideal for temperatures up to and beyond 1600 Deg C, however, is becoming extremely expensive as the sensor element is made from Platinum wire.
Type "N" offers good resilience to oxidation and is therefore quite suitable for temperatures to 1300 Deg C making it a good, cost-effective solution for pottery and ceramic firing processes which require temperature measurement at higher temperatures.
The GM1312 thermometer possesses the following features:
- High accuracy
- Convenient operation
- Unit Celsius and Fahrenheit unit
- Data hold and MAX、MIN、AVG
- Ergonomic design for easy operation
- Double display with backlight shows T1/T2 and combination of T1 and T2
- To measure the thermocouple of J,K,T,E,N and R type
- The electrical compensation function provides the compensation to the thermocouple error so as to improve the overall precision.
Type "N" Thermocouple
- Ceramic Sheath for High Temperatures
- 9" (230mm) x 10mm to suit most kilns
- Type N for 1300 Deg C
- Industrial screw-top head for long term durability
- Metal flange for attachment to kiln outer wall and shield heat escaping
- 1.5 Meter PVC lead with Mini plug connector which plugs directly into the thermometer.