Reliable, Proven, Flexible Design
Smart Sensor Technology - The MCT460-T is a true stand-alone NIR Transmitter in a IP67 cast aluminum enclosure. A single, proprietary circuit board drives the measurement along with all analog and digital communication. Includes 4-20 mA, 0-10 volts, RS-232/485 or network interfaces such as Ethernet, Profibus, etc. There is no requirement for any intermediary electronics.
MCT 460-T System - The MCT460-T can be configured to connect directly to an Operator Interface. The Operator Interface will power the MCT 460-T Transmitter. All analog, digital and field bus information is generated by the operator interface.
Wide Spectrum Referencing - The MCT460-T incorporates a unique reference filter to monitor the tobacco reflectance properties across the complete near infrared (NIR) spectrum. The filter minimizes the influence of tobacco color, blend or type on the Transmitter’s reading.
Measurement Speed - A proven, reliable high speed filter wheel assembly is combined with a state-of-the-art proprietary single detector optical system. This fast sampling technique reduces measurement noise and produces an accurate and repeatable on-line signal. The filter wheel speed is optimized and adjustable through software.
Product Temperature Monitor - The MCT460-T can be configured to monitor and display tobacco temperature in Fahrenheit or Centigrade. The temperature sensor is contained in the MCT460-T enclosure. No additional hardware or wiring is required.
Cooling Panel & Air Purge - Included as a standard part of the MCT460-T
Accurate, Reliable and Stable Moisture and Temperature Measurement for All Tobacco Processing Applications
The MCT460-T is simple to install and may be used at any stage of tobacco processing, with all types of tobacco applications, including:
• Whole Leaf
• Whole Stems
• Cut Stems
• Lamina Strips
• Cut Lamina
• Cigar Filler
• Finished Cigarette Tobacco
• Pipe Tobacco
• Cased Burley
• Processing electronics upgraded and optimized to improve sensor performance and flexibility
• New micro controller, high performance, dual core architecture. One core dedicatednto NIR signal acquisition, the other programmed to manage computations and communications options
• Samples entire NIR signal train for increased measurement accuracy
• USB connectivity
• Embedded bootloader allows sensor firmware to be upgraded through USB or serial interface
• Filter wheel speed adjustment through software
• Improved PbS detector temperature control for enhanced stability in arduous environments
• Built in data logger for measured constituents and sensor diagnostics
• IP67 cast aluminum enclosure