The measured temperature is displayed in four simultaneous modes including the advanced ‘Meltmaster’ mode.
Accurate sighting is ensured by the clear, wide angle (9°) field of viewand small, clearly defined (1/3°) measurement area.
Focusing is fixed at 5m / 16ft.
Emissivity compensation is provided via the icon-based menu system.
The operating waveband has been carefully chosen to minimise errors due to uncertainty in emissivity and the effects of atmospheric vapour components. Significantly reduces the use and cost of disposable ‘dip’ type thermocouples.
The Cyclops 055L features standard user-friendly Bluetooth® wireless communications or a USB connection for PCs or Mobile.
- Non-contact measurement technology - No contamination, interference or damage to process or material
- High accuracy measurement and repeatability - Confidence in the measurement for process control and quality control applications
- Unique 'Meltmaster' measurement mode - An advanced, noise rejection processing mode which locks onto the true Liquid metal temperature
- High Measurement Resolution - 5 digit display - measured temperature resolved to 0.1° C/F
- On-board data storage of up to 9999 measurement points, including date & time stamp, also 4 'Routes' of up to 99 readings per route - Convenient data storage
- 4 data output modes* - Single, Latch, Burst and Route -
- Bluetooth® or USB Connector for data download / upload - Two convenient methods available, no hanging cables with Bluetooth®
- Unique Route mode - allowing capture and storage of measurement data repeatedly at set locations around your plant. Four predefined routes (sets of location IDs and emissivities) Each route can contain up to 99 location IDs and emissivities) Note: Requires optional data logger software to activate this feature
- A new protection cover - increases the robustness of every model in the range
- A new lens protector - maintains the optics in good condition
- Long term drift-free measurement - Long term confidence in the measurement
- Single handed operation, contact free measurement - Excellent ergonomics, Better Safety in hazardous environments
- Rugged instrument casing - with industrial rubber casing to withstand harsh environments for extended periods
- Calibrated and traceable to National Standards - Your guarantee of measurement accuracy
- Four Measurement modes - Continuous, Peak, Valley and Meltmaster - Measurement to exactly meet your own specific requirements
- Innovative ‘notched’ spectral filter - Eliminates the effects of atmospheric water vapour
The Land Cyclops L family of high quality portable non-contact thermometers provides precision spot temperature measurement with unmatched accuracy and reliability, for a wide range of industrial applications.Features such as precise view of target spot with simultaneous digital display of temperature in the viewfinder, choice of operating and calculating modes, digital output and out of range alarms, Bluetooth® serial communications and optional data logger software on Mobile Phone or PC.
Ideal for Liquid Metal Temperature Measurement
The unique features of the Cyclops 055L Meltmaster portable non-contact thermometer make it the ideal instrument for accurate non contact temperature measurements of liquid metals in the foundry.Measuring the temperature of molten metal in a foundry can be a slow and disruptive process. The use of disposable dip thermocouples can be both expensive and hazardous. The NEW Meltmaster is both fast and accurate, easy to use, and does not contact the liquid metal. Cyclops Meltmaster is intended to save time and money in the foundry by reducing the number of dips required with disposable thermocouples.
Meltmaster Measuring mode
The measured temperature is displayed in four simultaneous modes including the advanced "Meltmaster" mode.
Accurate sighting is ensured by the clear, wide angle (9°) field of view and small, clearly defined (1/3°) measurement area. Focusing is fixed at 5 m / 16 ft.
Emissivity compensation is provided via the icon-based menu system. The operating waveband has been carefully chosen to minimise errors due to uncertainty in emissivity and the effects of atmospheric vapour components.
The Cyclops 055L features standard Bluetooth® wireless technology enabled, plus a standard USB connector. Ergonomic design allows easy, onehanded operation in hostile environments.Significantly reduces the use and cost of disposable "dip" type thermocouples.
Through the lens reflex optical system gives a precise definition of the target spot and simultaneous backlit display of user selected values in the viewfinder.
Multifunction Display The bright, back-lit external display panel provides an indication of status and configuration of the thermometer together with four simultaneous live measurement modes. The panel displays a simple icon-driven, language-free menu system navigated via keypad controls.
- Mode selection
- Window Compensation
- Communication Status
- Battery Status
- Alarm Status
The user highlights the mode to be displayed in the viewfinder.
- Includes new Data Logger software for both PC and Mobile Devices including the unique Route Management utility
- UKAS calibration available
*Data Output Modes
- Single mode: logs a measurement for each trigger release
- Latch mode: logs continuous, average, peak and valley readings from the first trigger release until the second
- Burst mode: logs a stream of measurements whilst the trigger is held pressed - approximately 30 readings / sec, up to a maximum of 999 readings per burst.
- Route mode: This mode is ideal for users who need to take a number of readings on a regular tour of their plant or process. The pre-loaded locations help to guide the user along each route
Measuring temperatures in the following applications:
- Blast Furnace, BOF and EAF tapping
- Metal Forging and Casting
- Liquid Metals
- Metal Foundries