The Land Aluminium Strip Thermometer system is specifically designed to provide the aluminium hot rolling industry with a solution to one of its most difficult problems - accurate and reproducible temperature measurement of bright, semi-finished hot alloy strips.
If your specific area of concern is not covered here, our engineers will be pleased to discuss your requirements with you.
- Reduced re-annealing costs
- Reduced finishing costs
- AST can infer potential problems on preceding Breakdown Mill operations, ie reduction in coolant
- Improved process control
- Accurate reliable temperature measurement to within +10°C/18°F after optimisation
- Improved accuracy over both single and dual wavelength thermometers
- Automatically copes with varying alloy types and emissivities.
- Accurate optimisation using dedicated set-up unit.
- Computer software to automate system optimisation.
- Highly reliable, drift-free measurement.
- The LMG AR Processor provides digital indication of temperature as well as 0 or 4 to 20mA analog outputs for connection to data recording or mill control equipment. An optional Maths Function Card permits mathematical comparisons to be made between thermometer inputs. Results may be used to drive outputs to the plant control system.
- Supports RS232C and RS485 serial communications.
The AST is highly effective in the following mill locations:
- Measurement at both entry and exit of the Finishing Mill
- Measurement at the Breakdown Mill (Reve rsing Rougher)
- Measurement at the Downcoiler